SNET IRC for Mac OS X
SNET IRC is an IRC client for Mac OS X. I started writing SNET IRC back in 2004, but never released it as a product until now.
Why yet another IRC client for the Mac? I was dissatisfied with all the other clients. Most of them place too much emphasis on features like scripting and supporting arcane "/" commands. The Mac OS is a GUI OS and has been since 1984, and the best Mac OS programs reflect this. Although some better clients have come around since 2004, I figure maybe someone will benefit from the work I put into this one.
- DCC Chat & File support.
- SSL support.
- Multiple text encoding support, including Unicode.
- NickServ identify support.
- Mac-like interface. Each server is represented by one window. Channels are loaded in the same window. Private messages appear in separate windows, like
iChat the Glorious Old iChat Before Apple Ruined It.
- Minimal support for "/" commands.
- No scripting support. Regular people who just want to chat don't need special scripting. Frees up time to work on improving other aspects of the program.
- Built-in updating feature only downloads the files necessary to update your copy (about 1.6 MB instead of 4.5 MB in most cases). Saves time on slower connections.
- Optional mIRC colors supported for channel list and channel topic. Colors are stripped from chat.
- Right click on file names in DCC Fservs to download file or enter directory (experimental).
Universal build, supporting Mac OS 10.4 "Tiger" through 10.6 "Snow Leopard".
- Now we are modern. 64-bit Cocoa. Super Hawt. Supports, I dunno, 10.7 and up probably.
- Really ugly homepage. More time to work on the actual software rather than learning CSS 5 alpha and HTML 6 pre-alpha-alpha.
- SNET IRC v0.6.0 (.zip file, 6.9 MB)
Released October 10th, 2018. No built in expiry.
This is the new hotness. 64-bit Cocoa, and all that shiz.
- SNET IRC v0.5.3 (.zip file, 4.7 MB)
Released June 10th, 2010. Expires December 31st, 2010.
Only for PowerPC and 32 bit Intel. Old and broken. Probably don't want this one.
- Limited support is available. I will attempt to reply to questions in my spare time.
- Bug reports are welcome. Please include your OS version and processor (
PowerPC or Intel).
- Flame e-mails telling me that SNET IRC sucks will be deleted. Please don't waste the bandwidth.
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Counter Died, Sorry :(
Copyright © 2004 - 2018 Mike Richardson.